Preserve the beauty of the City and region, while providing the necessary facilities and ordinances to support growth and ensure the health, safety, morals and general welfare of the residents and visitors of Kimberling City.
Kimberling City was settled as a direct result of the construction of Table Rock Dam and Reservoir by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The first two power units were ready for the generation of power in June of 1959 and units three and four were completed by August 1961. The bridge at Kimberling City is one of the three bridges across the lake. It is the center bridge and is the focus of north-south traffic on State Highway 13.
The City was named after the Kimberling Family, who for many years had operated a ferry approximately where the present State Highway 13 bridge is now located.
Kimberling City was incorporated on June 26, 1973 as a Fourth Class City under Missouri Statutes, and as such is subject to the Missouri Statutes.
The City has a Mayor / Board of Aldermen form of Government. We are divided into two (2) Wards with two (2) Aldermen representing each Ward.
Population according to 2010 Census Information is at 2400.
The amount of land area in Kimberling City is 8.14 sq. kilometers.
The distance from Kimberling City to Washington DC is 943 statute miles.
Kimberling City is positioned 36.64 degrees north of the equator and 93.42 degrees west of the prime meridian.
Physical Address: 34 Kimberling Blvd, Kimberling City
Mailing Address is: PO Box 370, Kimberling City, MO 65686
Phone: (417) 739-4903
Fax: (417) 739-2752
08/28/12 11:38:18 AM